Tuesday, May 17, 2005

To date or not to date..

I had contemplated blogging on the subject of dating and guys earlier today, decided not to, until I read Sanjida's post when I got home tonight.

Over the years, I have heard many girl's requirement to date a guy, let alone be serious with someone. With some of the expectations out there, it is amazing that the population is still growing. I have also had different qualifications over the years. I don't think my expectations have ever been ridiculously high. My friends may tell you that what I state as my expectations are not exactly what I am always attracted to, either.

Here's my current list:
--there must be some element of mystery to the person(I like a challenge and the guy can't be too easy to figure out)
-- perfer guys that are my height or taller than me.**
--Must be funny/witty(prefer witty)
--must be in school/have some form of education
--like sports
--have goals/future(aka not be a bum)
--not be a drug addict/felon

**This one actually eliminates many more men than you would expect. The average hight of a male in the US is 5'10" and I am 5'11". That eliminates about 1/2 of the male population right there. Granted, I do make exceptions, but as a rule I like'em tall.

So, Mr. Dateable, where are you?

7 comments:

Aaron said...

I think I still qualify.

;)

And Mel, since when did you have standards? That's not what you said last time we were in a hotel together!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

Stace,
I am glad to see no felons and drug addicts has been added to your list. I feel you have learned your lesson. However, I was extremely disappointed that "men with one pant leg rolled up" was not at the top of your must-have list. What has happened to your priorities?

slens04 said...

Dear Aaron--

You, unfortunately do not qualify. You do not have an element of mystery, you are just straight up shady...and there is a difference. You are disqualified by my first requirement.

Stacey

Aaron said...

What was deleted by the author???

slens04 said...

Megan's sausages got out of control while typing, so she deleted her message...as not to get made fun of for the typos.

Anonymous said...

I think you should date a tall African American basketball player... Just my opinion!

Love ya!!
jenne