Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It's almost been one year

I can't believe that as I check everyone's AIM away messages they are all saying studying/taking my last final. That was me just one year ago. I can't belive that it has been one year since I left Iowa City and moved out of Burge. Started looking for a real job to replace the cake job I had all through college(even though some nights were mighty rough). Started my last summer at the best job ever. Yes, it will be the first summer in 6 years that I will not be returning to camp this year. I will miss my fabulous boss, my great friends, playing outside all day, swimming all afternoon, horseback riding, hiking, kayaking, and campfires at night...and just to think, I got paid for it.

On graduation day, a group of nursing friends decided that no matter what, one year from when we graduate, we will all take a week off and go to Vegas together, that we would stay in touch. We started the monthly e-mail to keep eachother updated. That started to dwindle around Jan and I haven't participated since November. No one has brought up Vegas since Oct. And we don't' even call eachother anymore. Brit is somewhere in Phoenix, there is a trio of girls in the twin cities, Jenn is in Des Moines, one girl is in grad school and another had a baby. Needless to say...no dice on the Vegas trip.

How did we lose touch so fast? Our lives were at a turbulent point with lots of changes. I guess it was just easier to get close to new people in new cities rather than lean on our old friends. We all have different lives now...some for the better, some for the worse. Only one of us hates nursing(thank goodness it's not me). Can you imagine going to school, for 5 years in her case, and hate the job you have. And she has had 2 different jobs since we graduated. While I may not love the city of Chicago and do not see myself living her all my life, I do love my job.

Enough with the rambling already, Stace.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I'm glad we can still keep in touch.