Saturday, May 21, 2005

Back in the game...

After a short hiatus from Hawkeye's Jenne and I are now back in action. Last night after I got off work, we waddled on down to the corner watering hole and saddled up to the bar. In our periphery, we noticed a man in a brightly colored striped shirt dancing by himself. We watched him for a little bit and giggled, because he looked like he was having a good time. A short while later when Jenne and I are in deep conversation, oblivious to the world, we feel heavy weights on our shoulders. The dancing man felt the need to come over and talk to us. We had trouble understanding him, related to his thick accent and therefore it made for bad conversation. Also, he had my hair pinned down under his sandbag of an arm and I could not even move my head.

We spotted my neighbor Owen on the other side of the bar and waved. Owen is usually a bit shy and Jenne and I are too much for him to handle, but he must have been feeling adventuresome last night, because he pulled a bar stool right up next to us.


Into the bar not too long before last rolled Scott. Jenne and I had met Scott previously at Hawkeyes and had since seen him at Potbelly getting lunch. Scott is a very friendly fellow and will gladly talk to you as if you have been friends for years. Last night he was a little intox when he got to the bar and before long, he was dancing on a pole, jumping up and sliding down it, I think someone even jokingly gave him a dollar or two.

After a very entertaining night out, we ran to the White Hen Pantry to visit our friend Josie, who was working then walked home with Owen(Owen tried to convince us to go to another bar, but Jenne and I declined).

No comments: