Saturday, May 07, 2005

Cards hit 3-game skid

Only 3 days ago, the Cards were off to an impressive start for the season at 18-8. However, the Padres have come into town and helped the Cards to lose 3 in a row. The bullpen hasn't been looking too sharp over the past few days and Ray King(one of my faves) and a Chicago native) even got ejected from the game the other night. Now, at 18-11, I am hoping the Cards can pull off a win tomorrow and stop the Padres from a 4 game sweep, espically while the Cards are playing in Busch. It's Marquis (4-1, 2.85era) vs Redding(0-4, 6.0era)...looks promising...but I also didn't expect to lose with Matty Mo on the mound two nights ago, either. I was a little jealous that my fam and my brothers gf were at yesterday's game and I was stuck in Chi.

Go Red Birds.

UPDATE: The score was 15-5, the Cards beat the Padres to save themselves from getting swept and ending thier 3 game losing streak on 5.8.05.

No comments: