Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Salsa Fiesta

Tonight, after work I used my families secret recipe and made the seasons first batch of homemade salsa. It is the first time I have made it away from home and miss my mom's handy dandy chopper machine. It is a lot more work when I have to chop all the ingredients by hand...and it turned out a little chunkier than usual. That just makes it easier to scoop...right? It was also the first time I made it without my mom's home grown jalepenos. Hopefully the store bought one that was burning my eyes to cut will do the recipe justice.

The reason I made it is for Wednesday's night birthday/cinco de mayo dinner party I am hostessing. You have to make it early to let all the flavors blend together. It always takes a few tastes to get it juuuuuuuust right. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.

salsa.salsa.salsa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go "Betty Crocker!"