Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Twilight, waste of my night

Loved the books...completely underwhelmed by the movie. Perhaps it would have been better had I seen it on the big screen but I thought the content lacked in nearly every aspect. I wasn't enamored by Edward and was annoyed by Bella, but not the same annoyed as I was with her in the books. I felt her acting was poor and strained at times. What a boring and dreadfully miserable girl that appears to lack interest in anything...who would wants to be friends with someone that is so miserable? I mean, it would brighten my day to be in her presence. I also thought there was a lot more that could have been done to show the tension between Jacob's family and the Cullen's with Bella being caught in the middle. There were also too many discrepancies between the book and movie that were unnecessary. There were also times that words were used to move the scene forward when it could have been easily demonstrated in the same amount of time and would have been much more effective. I felt like it was produced by someone with far too much anxiety about a time crunch and it showed through by not playing things out fully in the movie.

I can't say I'll watch any of the others that are made and don't see how this one raked in so much money.

No comments: