Saturday, March 14, 2009

i love red sauce

Lycopene is my friend. I love almost any type of red sauce or taking a simple red sauce and adding lots of things to it. Tonight, I started by sauteing some garlic and adding some Morningstar farms soy crumbles(fake beef crumbles for a little protein) to a basic marinara(Ragu Traditional) sauce. I noticed in the fridge that I had some tomatoes and green peppers that will probably start to go bad soon, so I chopped those up and threw them in the pan, too. Toss in some Italian seasonings and red pepper flakes and WALLA! Yumtastic!


While I was whipping up the sauce I was also boiling some farfalle(or bow tie pasta to some of you). Multitasking at its finest.



I tossed the sauce and pasta together in the pan, threw in a few hand fulls of chopped up kale and dumped it into a 9x13 pan.

At this point, I threw the lid on my 9x13 pan and put it in the fridge and will bake it when I come home from work tomorrow. Easy and tasty, huh?

If you can't stop yourself from eating it right now, toss on a little cheese and bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is warm and bubbly. Eat and enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thougth about cullinary school? There's one in Joliet, I believe.