Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Why I am not getting an iPOD

After much research and pineing for an iPOD nano, I have decided not to get one. I have instead chosen to get another style of an mp3 player. While I vote the iPOD the most attractive of the mp3's, I have also read a lot of reviews saying that it is quite fragile, is easily scratched(especially the black one), and several of the LCD screens have broken on them. Multiple reviews recommends not taking the nano out of the packaging until you had also paid the extra $$ for a protective case. The nano doesn't have all the accessories out yet either...and in my opinion, they are very over priced.

I ideally wanted a 1GB mp3 player and I do believe that apple only offers the shuffle in the 1GB. The drawback to the shuffle is that it does not have a display screen. The iPOD i really wanted was the mini, but unfortunately apple discontinued the mini when they came out with the nano.
So, I have looked to other reputable brands and have found a 1GB with a display screen, that is less expensive and has less over priced accessories. Can't wait until Christmas...It will be music to my ears, literally.

2 comments:

Sanjida said...

Good decision. I also went anti iPod. My sister got one, but my little 1 GB mp3 player from best buy is smaller, less expensive, and easier to use. Man, I should go sell these things on teh street.

slens04 said...

I'm not a hater. I just would rather have a mini. Which, I did find one still in stock at Target today, but it was a 6GB. Too big for me.