Saturday, December 10, 2005

Real World...Austin

While many of us know that Austin is my favorite city in Tx(a little inside joke for some of you.)...it was most defintiely not my favorite season of Real World.

After watching the stuff they didn't show during the season and the reunion tonight, I enjoyed the cast a little more. I still think Neiamiah is a douche with anger issues and a bit of a divo(male diva) ...and I don't even care enought to spell his name correctly. Danny does think he is Ben Affleck and I didn't really like him during the season either. I thought that he tried to be somewhat controlling of spineless icky Mel. It seemed from the reunion tonight that he still is controlling according to the accuisations made be Rachel that he wouldn't let her go shopping with the girls. I really hope that Mel and Danny dont' get thier own reality show about thier engagement/wedding/married life. I think I would vomit on the cable box. I could be completely wrong, but Mel seems like one of those girls that conforms to whatever her boyfriend is like. I need a good word to describe those people...I'll take suggestions.

I was happy to see Wes and Johanna together. I always thought they would get together during the season, but now they are official. Wes seems like he may have grown up a little since the show, but who knows...he was on the real world and his mission was to "hook-up" and party...now that the season is over maybe he isnt' really that crazy in real life. I thought it was interesting that he and Johanna were pretty quiet during the reunion show and they were two of the bigger talkers in the house. It was also very interesting that Wes tried to redirect Neiamiah into treating Danny with more respect and to have his beef with im while the cameras were off...which leads me to wonder...

...how real is the real world?

6 comments:

Angie said...

i agree about mel and danny. and also - do they fake bake together? they were both waaay too tan. maybe that's their thing, they like, spray that fake tan stuff on eachother when they're doin' it. yes i said doin' it. also happy to see wes and johanna together. i love them and i love how much he loves her. i'm so excited to be commenting about this on your blog because i'm too ashamed to post it all on mine.

Anonymous said...

I am extremely worried about you. You make fun of me constantly for my love of TV and yet you just spent 3 paragraphs dissecting the Real World Austin...Confused party for one.
M

slens04 said...

Angie-
Yeah! I sooo thought the same thing about Danny and Mel. Hello, we know they live in Boston and it's not like there's a tropical heat wave there this time of year. They were almost ORANGE! Yes, Wes and Jo are my new favorite couple ever. He was like wild man tamed by wild girl. They are so cute. Also, MTV gave a shout out to the jewelry store that did Mel's ring. Does that mean that MTV paid for the ring? I was a little confused and thought it was a little sketchy. I also thought it was really wrong of Nehemia to make the comment to Lacey about her relationship not being hard to stay together since they weren't having sex. Nehemia seemed really full of himself during the reuniting. He just kept giving shout outs to himself about getting laid and not being gay as MTV had portrayed him during the season...or so he claims. LAME!

Megan-
I watched most of the episodes of RW during the day while I was getting stuff done around the apt and I watched the 2 shows I blogged about after work last night while I was working on Christmas presents. Relax yourself.

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
your blog is so fun to stalk while i am avoiding studying for law school finals. i was afraid i was the only one who bothered to take the time to get annoyed by the latest real world cast. your opinions about them are DEAD ON! i hope MTV finds better people for the next season or i might have to get a life and stop watching the real world all the time. :(

oh, and my boyfriend and i call girls like mel chameleons. oh, no! am i a chameleon for calling them that because my boyfriend calls them that?!?!?! i'm afraid!
-rena

slens04 said...

Rena-
You are not a chameleon for using ONE of his words, but that is a great word for those snatchy girls. I hate them.

Anonymous said...

I totally noticed the shoutout saying "Thanks to xx company for the ring" and I also believe they were offered money and asked the whole engagement was a setup. MTV: So if you guys let us film you getting engaged, you get a 5 carat diamond ring for free and we'll give you $20K as a "wedding gift" how does that sound...

Mel & Danny: Sure, why not.

That's how I see it.