Monday, December 05, 2005

Give up on love?

I like many was devistated by the news that Nick and Jessica have separated, but not yet filed for divorce. Although they have been denying the split rumors for almost a year now, they are rumors no more. With thier tv show, Newlyweds, skyrocketing Jessica's career and doing nothing for Nick's, one can only wonder...was it rocky all along, but we believed in them due to the editing?

I think it was clear as the seasons progressed that there was less marital bliss than in the first season, but what was to be expected? They were getting busier, a little less time for eachother and the newness was wearing off.

When discussing this issue with my good friend Buggie last night, she said, "I don't know if I can believe in love anymore." While she was being dramamtic, for many, Nick and Jessica were the portrait of a good moral realationship. It wasn't the typical Hollywood romance.

I am hoping for a saved marriage.

No comments: