Friday, December 16, 2005

I love a good burrito

Today while shopping downtown I stopped in for lunch at Chipotle and had a delicious burrito. While I enjoy their food, nothing compares to my favorite Pancheros. The only thing I like better about Chipotle than Pancheros is that they put cilantro in their rice. I love cilantro. It might be my favorite herb.
The best part of Pancheros is that you can eat it really late at night because it's open until 3 or 4am and their super fresh tortillas. Mmmm...they are so fresh and good. I love them. Also, Pancheros has a much more varied menu than Chipotle. Speaking of varied menus, another love of mine that is quite similar to these places is Qdoba. Qdoba has the biggest menu of them all.

Enough about my love of Mexican food.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

It should be noted that Chipotle also doesn't have the same entertainment as "the Panch."

slens04 said...

Oh, the entertainment. It is some good stuff. I remember a night when a certain Jeff Uittenbogaurd pretended to projectile vomit on me from across the Panch.

Angie said...

pancheros sometimes has stuff in their rice now. and chipotle has corn salsa and i love that. and there's a new place like pancheros here and their menu has mad variety. you should check it out.

slens04 said...

There is plans for a Panch to come to Chicago...I will be there everyday...but it won't be as good as when I eat it at 2am...

What's the new place called?

JessS said...

i had the exact same reaction to my first visit at chipotle. not impressed. i talked about how much better pancheros was the whole time we were eating, mostly because the steak at chipotle is spicy, a disapointment when you're counting on your steak to taste like cow