Monday, December 05, 2005

relaxing weekend

After working a dayshift on Friday, I didn't have to be back to work until 3pm today. This was the first time in a long, long time that I had two days off in a row where I wasn't going somewhere or someone was coming into town to visit. Not that I don't enjoy those times, but it was nice just to be able to relax.

On Friday night, I ran errands and did a little Christmas shopping. After returning home, I worked on the mosaic table for a few hours while watching a movie.

On Saturday, I worked on the table top more, did lots of laundry, visited Megan in Joliet where she was babysitting her cousins. Upon returning home, I stayed up until 3am working on the table more and painting the legs.

Sunday was prounounced Lazy Fest 2005. I worked on some Christmas presents and the table top even more. I made some chicken fajitas for dinner. I finally ventured out of the house at 8:30pm...still in my pajamas...to go to Target to buy another Christmas present. I came home and worked on the table for a while longer and headed to bed.

It was great to do whatever I wanted for a couple of days. Now, back to work-ville.

No comments: