Sunday, October 26, 2008

Seasons change

You know those lame ice breakers you frequently find yourself having to participate in when having to get to know other people? What's your favorite color? Dead or alive, choose one person you would most like to have dinner with? What's your favorite season?

Well, I had to partake in a fun icebreaker session the other day and the favorite season question made me stop in my tracks. Spring was the answer about ready to leave my mouth, then I stopped and realized I have either changed my mind or have been lying to myself for years. Spring puts up a good fight though, because it does own my birthday. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love celebrating my birthday(and Aaron's, too). I enjoy seeing everything turn green and the weather turn warmer, leading into summer, but maybe I like other things more...

This year, I have found myself having a love fest with fall. Even though it signals the end of summer and warm weather gatherings outside and the end of patio weather, I am really enjoying fall. I have always been a fan of walking through the crunchy leaves. The cooler weather is the perfect reason to throw on a hoodie or cozy sweater and curl up with a cup of hot tea and a book.

So, for now...fall. Fall, it is.

No comments: