Sunday, November 05, 2006

A day off of work is a day spent in the kitchen

I've really enjoyed a lazy Sunday puttering around the apartment and spending time in the kitchen. I layed around all morning being lazy then headed out to the grocery store to pick up somethings to make meals for the week.

It's my new thing. I use one of my days off a week in the kitchen and make a couple of bigger batches of things so that I can eat off of them all week and not have to do so much cooking later. Today I made a 9x13 of eggplant parmigiana and a crock pot full of chicken taco soup(I have Josh to thank for the recipe on that one). I used some left over eggplant to make a home made chunky tomato and eggplant pasta sauce. Looks like I'll be eating good all week. I am also very pumped about the pita and hummus I bought. Yummm!

I think I am going to snuggle up on the couch and peruse some magazines that I just have had time to ready lately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bub, was the soup a "party in your mouth?"

slens04 said...

Party in my mouth wasn't exactly the phrase I was thinking of...Mexican fiesta en mi boca, Si!

slens04 said...

I just want to shake my maracas after every bite!