Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I've tasted Chicago

Happy 4th of July!

I headed down to the Taste of Chicago today. Having never been there before, I wanted to get there early to avoid the crowds, especially today. I arrived about a half and hour after it opened and found a ticket booth to purchase my tickets. Having reviewed the restaurants and the food their were serving before heading down there, I had an idea what to look out for. I first made a stop by the The Grill on the Alley and got a prime rib quesadilla and a taste portion of the grilled chicken lime salad. Then I headed down to O'Briens and got Celtic corn on the cob. The great thing about the taste is that you get small portions of everything so you can try multiple things. It was starting to get pretty crowded by then, so I fought my way out of the pack and headed back home.
With tickets left over, it is promising that I will make another trip down there this week. Perhaps I will try the alligator next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gag, pukeasaurus!!! Leave the alligator for purses and shoes, not for gullets!

Chork ;-)

Anonymous said...

What the hell is a gullet?
Was there any sausage for purchase or is there enough sausage in your apartment already with Megan around?

jl

Anonymous said...

Dear Josh,

We are offended by your reference to our inappropriate size...please be alarmed that when you visit Chicago in July, the sausages will be on attack after your string of negative comments about their girth.

Megan (and the sausages)