Saturday, April 02, 2005

We're just social

For those of you who may not know, I like to have a good time.
So does my friend Jenne.

On occassion, we head down to a bar a few blocks from my apartment called Hawkeyes. While at Hawkeyes(an other places), very random things always happen to us. They don't seem to happen to anyone else, but US, and only if it is just the two of us. If more than Jenne and I go, we are safe from freak occurances. From this, we have decided that people are most approachable when they go out in set of 2 people of the same sex ( a theory Erika and I tested in undergrad that held to be true, as well).

To illustrate this, I will give you a few examples of things that have happened to us:

**An ER doctor poured his heart out to us after he lost his first patient ever.
**Two men and a lady talked to us for about 3 hours one night about Harleys, in which they somehow thought I owned one with a sidecar that Jenne rides in. They gave us thier e-mail so that we could go riding together when the weather gets nice.
**Some guy gave me a Brandenburg Construction t-shirt(don't worry, it was new).
**One man tried to eat Jenne's shoe.
**One man played a guitar for us.
**Thumb wars have occured.
**One man did the Michael Jackson Thiriller dance for us.

Not everything on the above list happened at Hawkeyes...or while alcohol was being consumed. Frequently, these freak occurances happen mid-day. Anywhere Jenne and I go together people are magnetized to us...and let's just say, it's not always a good thing. Jenne and I find them all quite humorous to reflect upon and most people don't even believe us when we tell them the stories. Oh well.

Enough blabbing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhhhhhhh what about the time when it was you me and jenne and the random guy who chewed my gum??? how do you explain that one?? that was three people and in fact random things did happen.

m

slens04 said...

M--
You are an exception to the rule. You also are a random acts of friendliness magnet. That was also an interesting night. As were many of the nights in IC. Miss you lots..and the grip and the gaffer.
Stawoj

Aaron said...

Umm, it's doesn't have to be same-sex couples, either. I remember one Cinco de Mayo at Summit when it was just you and me.