Sunday, April 17, 2005

My weekend

I left the big city of Chicago(Gas $2.66/gallon) around 9am on Friday to head to the homeland of Burlington, IA(gas $2.15/gallon). Pressed for a timely return due to a 1pm auto body appointment, I became a little distraught when I was in the express lane (yes, one lane due to construction) on the great Illinois tollway 88 and there was a four car accident a few cars in front of me. After sitting there for 20 minutes, the cars finally drove until we were out of the construction zone. I made it to Burlington by 1:10pm. After dropping off my car, my dad and I went for a delish lunch at my former 2nd home, Subway. It was good to see some of the old sandwich artists, especially Sharkbait. After lunch, we headed home and I got to hang out with the mom for a little while and relax...not to mention get started on my mountain of laundry that I brought home. A few loads of laundry later, we headed out for a nice dinner.
Coincidently, Friday was also Catfish's 50th birthday. So I convinced my mom to head over to the new baseball stadium where he was celebrating. I got to spend someQT with Shiner, the Peach and the Fish, while drinking beer and watching baseball...even better. What a great night.
Saturday morning came early when my mom woke me up at 7am to help out with the garage sale to rid the house of my brothers belongings, since he will be moving to STL in less than a MONTH! The sale went well, I got a chance to socialize with neighbors that I haven't seen in a while. Perhaps the best part was walking around in the grass with no shoes on. You really take a nice yard for granted when you have it, but give yourself a few months in the city of cement and you will be yearning for a little nature. After finishing up the laundry I packed up the old taurarri and headed back to Chicago. After unpacking the laundry, I headed out to Midway, picked up Jenne on her flight back from San Diego and headed down the street to our favorite watering hole. It wasn't a late night, but it was a good night for catching up with each other.
Now I must get in the shower and head in for 8 hours of work.

No comments: