Monday, April 18, 2005

I'm a Pot-head

I have never had a green thumb, but I always like to try. I have a long list of things that I have killed, including a very low maintenance cactus. With the weather being gorgeous yesterday, I thought I would give it another shot. I planted some oregano, cilantro, sweet alysum, and chinese lanterns. Hopefully, I will remember to water them.
Today, I am off to Home Depot to buy a giant planter that I can plant plenty of vegetables in. My apt is starting to look like a green house. Maybe I'll but a few other plants too.
What is that they say in the movie 28 Days...if you can keep a plant alive for a year, get a pet. If that pet is alive in one year, you can start a relationship. But that advice is only for people getting out of rehab. Good thing for that, otherswise I would never be able to date. I have never kept a plant a live for a year and don't plan on getting a pet.

5 comments:

Sanjida said...

As Aaron knows well, I managed to kill 4 of my original 5 houseplants in the past year. I did get two replacements, and they and the survivor are currently doing fine. My cat has been around for 10 months now, and I've never been to rehab either, so I suppose that should give me a little hope.

Aaron said...

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, Sanjida. Roxy seems like she could be suffering from a little failure to thrive.

Anonymous said...

I do recall that pepper plant that you killed when you first moved to Chicago. Sad. Anyway, I have 7 plants that are all currently thriving however, I did kill that one carniverous plant about a year ago after several desperate attempts to keep her alive. It is the first plant I killed and I haven't been able to get rid of her yet. She is still sitting in her pot in the hallway. All the leaves have fallen off so really it is more like a stump in a pot in my hallway.

Anonymous said...

oh the anonymous comment was from me.--Mel

Anonymous said...

what a fuckin' joke