Sunday, June 05, 2005

Where love means nothing

The past few days, I have busied myself by watching tennis. I sport I greatly enjoy, but have not had a chance to play for myself yet this season. Pete(my racket) has been resting and is getting a little anxious to play, as is his owner.

Incase you were unaware,
Roger Federer (whose shorter hair this year is fabulous!) is my player of choice...and I liked him long before he was ranked no. 1 in the world. I was heartbroken to watch him lose to Nadal two days ago. I thought that I just hated Nadal because he beat Federer, but as I am watching him go head to head with Puerta today, I think it is his style that I hate. There is a difference between confident and cocky and he is defintely cocky. I disapprove of his over dramatic celebrations on the court and his excessive noise making when he hits the ball. I am well aware that he just turned 19, but he needs to learn some tact, because he is just plain tacky(as are his capris/shorts?!? whatever they are). It is my opinion to let your game speak for itself. I have always been a fan of Federer's control and composure on the court. Nadal's actions make me not want to watch tennis while he is on the court.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Brilliant title.

slens04 said...

Thanks...unless that was sarcastic.

J. Wallace said...

I also hate Nadals pants. He calls them "pirate pants." Arrrrrgggggggggg! What a dumbass. I also believe that if Federer faces Nadal at Wimbledon he will kick his ass. Federer will defend his title there.

slens04 said...

I also feel that Federer will not lose to Nadal again. "Pirate pants" are DUMB!