Saturday, June 04, 2005

Happy 24th Birthday Courtney VH

I am having a hard time concentrating on typing right now as my ears are still ringing from the loudness of the bands tonight, but here it goes...Tonight I met Court and some of her friends out in Lincolnshire at the Cubby Bear to listen to some 80s bands. I thought Court and Chrissy would be the only people I knew, but much to my suprise, Tia and Kate were there too!

The first band One Hit Wonders performed for about the first hour we were there and did just that...perform one hit wonders from the 80s. While their singing talent wasn't too bad, the 2 female lead singers were more than chessy and we were kept busy making joke about thier coregraphed dance moves. The guitarists in this band were nice eye candy as well...and we know how I feel about men in bands..an automatic 10 points of cuteness just for being able to play guitar!

Next up was the main act of the night Sixteen Candles. While they were nothing to look at they were pretty damn good. The lead singer was entertaining and talented. They played great 80s music and the dance floor was PACKED. So packed that you could feel the dance floor shaking form everyone moving so much. I don't think I have danced that much in a bar since I was a freshman in college. My feet are sore and my body is aching, but it was all for a good time. The crowd at the Cubby Bear was a great mix of people my age. Defintiely a place worth returning to when I need another 80s music fix. The highlight of the night was definitely when they played NKOTB's The Right Stuff! It's amazing how the lyrics come right back to you.

Good night and Happy Bday Court!

No comments: