Monday, March 20, 2006

laying in bed

Yes, I am laying in bed blogging.

Since my last post, the Iowa Hawkeyes have been knocked out of the NCAA tournament by a #14 seed. As I predicted, they would get knocked out on their first round, because they always do. If Steve Alford reads my blog, I would like him to please go to Indiana and coach. I, as well as much of the state of Iowa is done with you.

Jenne's cousin Katie and former roommate Liz came into town on Thursday night with plans for a full day of St Pats festivities on Friday. A few other people came over in the morning and they all headed to Lincoln Park by noon to celebrate all things Irish.

Mel came in via bus about 2pm on Friday, where I picked her up at Union Station, headed to Target and shopped for things to take with us to Jamaica. I was also in need of something green to wear out that night. We came back to the apt, goofed around, watched tv and had a cocktail before heading out for Thai for din din. After dinner we walked down to Hawkeye's where we were given beads, glowing lights, and 2 t shirts. Aaron, Tommy, Chris, Rob and Matt rolled into town about 9:30pm, picked us up at Hawkeyes and drove us back to the apt. The guys got ready and then we took the L up north to Wrigleyville where we spent the rest of our night at Murphey's Belachers.

Saturday promised another day of fun, in which everyone headed to Michigan to shop while I went to work. After work, I met everyone at Nate's apt then all headed out to Roscoe's. After having a great time and overindulging myself on the pink lemonade there, we headed home for some sleep. Tommy's birthday was Sunday, where we headed to Chipotle for a birthday lunch and Tommy got his meal for free. Mel did the snake eating it's prey...she was a water moccasin that ate an electric eel. After eating it, she got electrocuted and seized. It was one of the best I have ever seen. We came back to the apt, hung out while everyone got ready to leave. At 4:43 I dropped Mel off for her 4:45 bus departure. Then I spent a little time with Jenne, watched Grey's Anatomy and headed to bed.

It was a great weekend...and if that was only the prequel to Jamaica...we are in for a GOOD TIME.

No comments: