Monday, March 27, 2006

It is the year of yes, but he was a "no"

So Friday night, Jenne and I went to Hawkeye's for a little bit after I got off work. Jenne went don't stairs to use the bathroom and this guy, we'll call him "Brad" came over and started to talking to me. He was not attractive, but I am sure a nice guy. He proceeded to talk to me for longer than I cared. During this conversation he continuously mentioned how much money he made, gave me a run down of his monthly budget and informed me that he paid $800/month in child support to his child that he never sees as well as $250 in health insurance for this beautiful child. Talking about money is unattractive to me.

Then he started telling me that he plays in a volleyball league and asked if I ever had played. Being honest, I said that I used to play volleyball. He asked what position I played and told him that I played front row and he he asked how tall I was. I informed him that I am 5'11". He didn't believe me and made me stand up. Brad was only about 5'8". He then invited me to be on his team, on the spot, I had to say "yes"(and it is the year of yes) and asked if he could call me "my giant". Ewwwwwwwwww.

After being completely repulsed by him, he started running down the list of drugs he used to do and the ones he currently does. In my head, I was shouting "Yes!, I have an out! He uses drugs, I can say "No!".

So the long and short of it is, he was my first "no" in the Year of Yes.

No comments: