Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another year older

Last weekend I trekked back home where I met my mom and brother and continued our journey across the great state of Iowa to visit my grandpa and throw him a surprise birthday party. On Oct 25th Gramps turned 86. He was very surprised by the party and had a great time. It was a small gathering of my mom, brother, aunt, uncle, my cousin and his wife and 2 1/2 kids. We had a really good time, ate an amazing meal that my mom cooked and hung out.
I let my cousin's little girl Brianna help me make Grandpa's birthday cake. Needless to say, she got a little messy and needed to take a quick bath in the sink before the party started.

My mom took my grandpa out for a drive while my brother and I decorated the house. He had no clue what was coming for him!
My grandpa loves carmel corn, so I stopped at Nuts on Clark and picked some up for him right before I left Chicago. When he opened it, my brother asked him what the bag said(Nuts on Clark). My grandpa yells out, "NUTS ON CRACK!" Hi-lar-ious!

Josh and Adrianne. He loves her, probably because she can eat as much as he can!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Your grandpa looks adoreable!!!

Anonymous said...

I will admit that Adrienne ate more than me at the party but I will get her back at Christmas. Thanks for the blog update--what a great weekend.

Josh