Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A trip to the farm

I just returned from 5 relaxing days on my grandparents farm in Iowa. It's so quiet there. No radio on, the tv was hardly ever turned on...just nature noises and farm machinery. It was great.

I did realize while I was out driving around that I can tell the difference between farm animal smells without seeing the animals. It never occurred to me before, but I could tell if we were coming up to a hog lot or cattle. Random, I know.

While there, I got to spend some time with my cousin his wife and their two children with a 3rd on the way! My mom, grandpa, uncle, aunt and cousins family all went to Popcorn Days, held in the popcorn capital of the world, Schaller, IA. There, I went on a few kiddie rides with my cousins kids. It was so hot out, though. My grandpa sat on the corner and people watched. It was really cute.

I don't really know much else, but I really enjoyed myself and got to spend some quality time with family.

No comments: