Tuesday, July 05, 2005

ESPN made my morning

I woke up today and flipped on the TV to the 9am edition of SportsCenter. Let's just say it was one of the better sports centers I've seen in quite some time. Why, you ask?

Well, with the cancellation of the coach's preseason poll this year, Trev Alberts made his own predictions for the top 5 teams this season. I am proud to say that 2 of the top 5 were from the Big Ten Conference.

Coming in at Number 5, with "the best coach in college football, Kirk Ferentz" of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes. Looking for thier fourth consecutive 10-win season, the Hawkeyes have Drew Tate back at the helm. The first time in 4 years that the Hawks have had a returning starter at quarterback. They will also be looking to head to thier 5th consecutive BCS bowl game. They have a tough road game at OSU and Michigan will be tough at home in Oct, but I think Pasadena sounds great in Jan.

Michicigan came in at #3, LSU at 2 and the tops dogs according to Trev is USC.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I can't wait!