Saturday, September 05, 2009

busy signal

I always think when I am making my work schedule that I can pull all sorts of crazy hours and shifts and clump all my work time together to have a larger chunk of time off later. In this case, my family is coming into town next weekend, so I am trying to lump everything together now, so I have as much time off as I can with them. Then, when I am in the middle of all my shifts, it's not me, it other people that suffer.

I often "glance" at my emails but don't fully read them. I send calls to voicemail, never to return them. Often, getting annoyed that the voicemail is too long and I quit listening to it half way through. In fact, the more people try to communicate with me, the more I get annoyed. I just want to get everything done without interruption.

Really, I've always been this way. I get very annoyed when I'm interrupted. I don't like reading books unless I can read large chunks at a time. I've never been able to read a few pages here and a few pages there. And if I'm talking and someone keeps interrupting me, I quit talking all together. It's my stubborn ways.

What prompted this? I just realized that my brother called me this morning, I was at work, had to put the phone down to help someone. It took so long that he hung up and I just realized that I never called him back and he was in the middle of a story...and now I feel bad. Sorry.

So, if you are a victim of my inability to communicate when I'm busy, I'm sorry. I'm going to try and work on it. And now is the time. I'm working four straight 16-hour days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for "clumping" so we can spend valuable fam time together this weekend! Go Hawks!!! Beat State!!!

Chom