Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Have I become a bag lady?

I have always wondered why some people carry such big bags around with them all the time...the mom bag, I called it. I have friends who carry crazy amounts of unnecessary stuff around with them all the time. With my schedule becoming increasingly busy lately, I have found myself carrying a bigger bag to and from work lately(hello multitasking on my break).

Fearful that I was becoming a "mom bagger" I dumped out the contents of my bag to assess the situation. Keep in mind that I have literally been home for one full hour out of the last 31 hours(I worked overnight at the hospital) so it may have a little more in it than usual.

Contents:
-cell phone and charger
-cooking light magazine
-book, Three Nights in August
-granola bar
-gum
-2 tubes of chapstick
-tube of lip gloss
-toothbrush and toothpaste
-2 pens
-variety of sharpies
-my planner
-clean underwear
-papers to apply to volunteer to tutor homless kids
-work keys and ID
-nail polish, file and polish remover
-deodorant
-cough drops
-wallet
-soy nuts and dried cherries

I would say that isn't too bad considering I have been gone from home since 630 yesterday morning, stopped home for an hour yesterday afternoon to shower and change and won't be back home until 2pm today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you like Three Nights in August? I think it's a cool book and I still recall that series.

jl

megan gray said...

i'm just thinking, if everyone had a bag full of that stuff, the world would be sooooooo much better/cleaner/fresher/healthier. i salute you, stace.