Saturday, September 13, 2008

exactly what i needed

I had a great night last night.

It started out with one of the worlds nicest cabbies. I was up north and running late so I grabbed a cab to attempt to make it home in time to get ready and make it to dinner with Brock at 645. Well, thanks to Chicago rush hour traffic on a Friday in the rain, I got to my place at 625. With the promise that I could make it in and out in 10 minutes, the cab driver waited for me. I ran in, threw on a dress and grabbed my make up. The cabbie was new and had a guy riding along with him to help him out. That man was nice enough to hold a mirror for me while I did my make up in the cab...eyeliner and all, in stop and go traffic. I managed to only be 2 minutes late. It was pretty amazing.

Then Brock and I had a really amazing dinner at Graham Elliot. If you've never been there, you must go. The atmosphere and the food is phenomenal. They have an in house mixologist that makes out of this world drinks. If you go, I think it should be mandatory that you get the peanut butter pot de creme. It is an amazing dark chocolate brownie with a layer of in house made peanut butter in the middle that could revive a dead person. The plate was brushed with dark chocolate, a scoop of homemade peanut butter ice cream and crushed malted milk balls. Brock and I took a bite at the same time and just looked at each other. Words could not describe how good it was.

After dinner we headed back to Brock's place and had a glass of sangria on his balcony, enjoyed the view of the city before heading up north to enjoy a ketel one krush. There, Brock ran into Alex and it was his birthday. Peter met us out for a little while(and he's HILARIOUS!). Then, we ran into Patrick and hung out with him for the rest of the night.

Overall, it was a really great night and it was exactly what I needed.

No comments: