Monday, July 07, 2008

"I do," they did

Last night, I returned from a very busy but fun four days in Iowa. One of my long time, good friends tied the knot with the love of her life. Lindsay, better known as Bedbug married Bill on Saturday July 5th in Burlington.

The festivities started Thursday when we had the rehearsal then had a blow out bachelorette party for the bride to be. Instead of "suck for a buck" we sold glow necklaces and glow sticks, making $130 for the bride. Friday we had the rehearsal dinner and followed that up with the West Burlington street fest. We saw some good live bands and some nice fireworks.

Saturday was the big day. We got up early to get beautified...hair and make-up. We got the bride in her gown, the bridesmaids started getting dressed, all set for pictures, when we noticed that the brides gown was not on right! YIKES. After making ourselves over a half and hour late for pictures we smiled and said cheese. Only to find out, many of the groom and groomsman's pictures had to be re shot because the grooms fly was noticeably down in the pictures. It was a funny fiasco. The ceremony went off without a hitch. I was paired with an awesome groomsman, he an his wife were so much fun to hang around. I am glad I got to meet Matty and Jen. The party bus was awesome and the reception was a giant party. I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while and CJD stopped by for a visit and a dance. It was a great wedding. Bug was the most relaxed, calm and laid back bride I have ever met. It was a pleasure being her bridesmaid. We were never stressed about anything.

The newlyweds are currently in the Bahamas for a little R&R!

No comments: