Friday, September 08, 2006

It's pretty much a miracle

WARNING: Before this post begins, I need to tell my mom, dad and brother to sit down...Preferably on the floor so that there is less distance between you and the floor when you pass out from what I am about to report.

Today I got called off of work and after going out for lunch and gallivanting around the city for a few hours, I made a big decision.

I decided to clean out my closet.

While removing an alarming number of clothes, I took an even more drastic step.

I cleaned out my shoes bin. My shoes were stored in a 60 gallon rubbermaid and it was overflowing.

I blame my addiction to shoes on the fact that I have large feet. While it is much more common for shoe companies to make size 11 shoes now, it was not the case when I was younger. I have been wearing a size 11 since 7th grade. This led me to buy up most shoes that were made in size 11...And due to the lack of size 11's being made, I became a shoe hoarder. I have gotten much better at not buying all size 11's in sight in the past few years, but like any girl, I still love my shoes(especially flip flops).

Here was the damage I did tonight:

Shoes thrown out: 14 pairs

Shoes being recycled: 22 pairs

Shoes I still own: about 40 pairs(a third to 1/2 of those are flip flops)

I know. I thought it could never be done. But my large rubber made isn't even filled to the top anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Where am I? I just woke up in front of my computer with a big knot on my head from when I passed out and knocked my head on the computer desk after reading that you got rid of some shoes. You should give your shoes to Shaq O'Neal--I think your feet are almost as big as his.

jl

Angie said...

dude you need to start sending some of those size 11's my way. i just pout and never buy any shoes because i assume they won't have my size, meaning i have tons of flip flops too!

good purging lens!