Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Welcome to the gym

Tragically, I did not get called off when I wanted to be on Sunday. I had to wait until yesterday to have a day off. I did a lot of errand running and did a preliminary Jamaica packing(you know just to see what I still need to get). I also went to the gym and went tanning....I love that I am no longer pasty white.

Last night I spent a good hour and a half making a new song folder on my mp3 just for working out. Last night I had the suckiest work out ever, it was a good work out physically, but it just sucked. First, I forgot a bottle of water. So when I got to the gym to buy one out of the machine, they were all sold out. Then five minutes into my workout, the battery died on my mp3. I had NO MUSIC TO LISTEN TO! That is like the worst ever for me. My music motivates me. So then I spend an excessive amount of time analyzing the people in the cardio room with me, since I didn't have my music to pay attention to, here are two I found interesting:

**There was the guy there that looks just like Kenny Chesney and he runs on the treadmill for 12 minutes when it is inclined as far as it can go. It looks like a painful 12 minutes. Then he hopped on the stairmaster for another 10 minutes, but he was leaning over on the bars the whole time. I wanted to tell him that was cheating.
**Then there was the girl running on the treadmill in front of me. She was a thin and very fit girl, but the poor thing had cankles the size of mine. I have always hated my cankles, but it made me feel much better that she was 1/2 the size of me and still had my size cankles.

No comments: