Friday, August 07, 2009

Artichoke-Potato Medley

Straight from Vegetarian Times(Sept 2009)

Okay, okay, okay. I haven't made it yet...but I will. Soon. I just got this issue in the mail today and I'm reading it at work. Had I gotten this before I went home last weekend I would have made it for my parents because they love artichokes.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
  • 2 10oz boxes frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
  • 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
  • 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced (4tsp)
  • 3 Tbs. chopped parsley
  • 2 Tbs. lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
  • 3/4 tsp. sweet or smoked paprika
  • 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped, optional

Instructions:

  1. Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain.
  2. Return potatoes to saucepan; heat over high heat with artichokes and oil. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables start to brown, stirring occasionally. Add olives, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest and paprika. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 5 minutes more, or until fragrant and heated through. Serve garnished with chopped eggs, if using.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this for dinner tonight. Delicious. I bought two cans of quartered artichokes for the price of one frozen package.
Also added more olive oil because we're Greek.:)