Thursday, June 28, 2007

May's wedding

This past weekend, I ventured back to the old stomping grounds of Iowa City to celebrate May tying the knot. On my way to the wedding, which was at Kinnick Stadium(very cool), the strap broke on my dress. So, I had to pretend like it was a strapless. Fortunately, I had a back up dress in the hotel and changed dresses between the wedding and the reception. I think one of the coolest things about the indoor area of Kinnick is that there are Iowa symbols EVERYWHERE. They are even on the soap, paper towel and toilet paper dispensers in the bathrooms.

Needless to say, Vanessa and I were up to our usual Iowa City antics. On the way to the reception we saw a bike sitting in the ped mall and I told V to ride it around. So, she did, until the owner saw here and yelled, "Hey! That's my bike!" So, she yelled back, "Well, you should lock it up!". She put the bike back and we continued on. At the reception we saw extra flowers lying around. Knowing that we were important to May, we both decided to wear one.

It was a beautiful wedding and ceremony and I am very happy for May and John. Congrats!

No comments: