Thursday, December 16, 2004

Love, life, and self esteem

Some people say that you can't help who you like.

Why do people like who they like?. I am often attracted to people that intrigue me. In other words...I like a little mystery, a little challenge. Often the men I like are a bit quirky. And usually a bit rebellious. Due to some unfortunate wiring problem in my brain, I always go for guys that are badasses. Which is highly interesting, because I am quite straight laced. We all know that I like to have a good time, but I do not participate in illegal substances. Why is it that I like these men, with whom my morals do not agree?

Tonight, a friend brought up an interesting point:
Do I not believe that a good guy could actually like me?
This led me to think...where is my self esteem? Am I attracted to these men, simply because they were attracted to me? Or do I just want to figure them out; do I like the adventure, the rush?
As usual, I rebutted with "Name 3 good guys that have liked me."

Well, the list stopped at one name.
Do I like bad men as a product of psychological conditioning?
Well, as you can see, this is a continuously unresolved issue in my life.
My head and heart can never seem to speak the same language.


2 comments:

Aaron said...

There is no reason to think that there aren't scores of good guys out there that like you.

You just haven't met the right one yet, but don't worry, you will.

Anonymous said...

or maybe you are afraid of something so you like guys that you know you can't or should not date.

--Mel