Monday, November 08, 2004

Phelps=SHIFTY CHARACTER

So, incase you hadn't heard, Michael Phelps for arrested for DUI. Here's part of the article:

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) -- Six-time Olympic champion Michael Phelps was arrested last week and charged with drunken driving.

A trooper saw the 19-year-old swimming sensation go through a stop sign Thursday night, state police said Monday. The trooper saw signs of intoxication and arrested Phelps for driving under the influence, police said.

Phelps also was charged with violation of a license restriction and failure to obey a stop sign. The legal drinking age in Maryland is 21.
"I made a mistake." Phelps told Sports Illustrated's Rick Reilly by phone. "I know it's wrong to get into a car when you've had anything to drink. I'm 19 years old and I made a big mistake. I was taught to take responsibility for your actions so that's why I'm calling."

So, what do we learn form this? Michael Phelps is also dumb. Perhaps too much chlorine to his brain. The only thing that he sees that he did wrong was get in the car. Other things I picked up from the article:
*he was drinking underage
*he already had a liscence restriction
*not only did he get in the car, but he drove it.

Way to go Mikey!

No comments: